Oct 7, 2019
By Any Means...
The Silver and Black haul in a victory amidst adversity and
revenge in London. The Raiders vs. Bears provided a multitude of
story lines to follow in this game. Khalil Mack, the Raiders record
in international games, a bevvy of injuries, Carr against elite
defenses, so on and so forth. But in Raiders fashion, Jon Gruden
and the rest of the men in black found a way to stay in it until
the very end in a game that epitomizes the old Al Davis credo: Just
- The Raiders Pillage the Chicago Bears on foreign soil. Running
roughshod over the Bears vaunted defense and sealing the 24-21
victory with 169 yards on the ground.
- The Raiders broke out to an early 17-point lead, led by Josh
Jacobs and a crisp conservative offense under the helm of a calm
and collected #4.
- Khalil Mack was kept quiet all day recording only 1 qb hit, 3
tackles, and the momentum swinging fumble recovery caused by
Oakland’s own doing.
- The fumble was just one part of a mistake-filled 3rd quarter
that seemed to get off to a good start when the Silver and Black
held the Monsters of the Midway to a 3 and Out on their opening
drive of the 2nd half.
- Sherrick McManis’ goal line peanut punch was a blow to the gut
of Raider Nation forcing a Trevor Davis fumble just when it looked
as if Oakland was about to post another 7 points on the
- Raider Nation let out a collective yell when a questionable Mo
Hurst sack negated a would-be interception by American Ninja
- Penalties and turnovers would continue to haunt the Raiders
after halftime. The contest looked as though it would take a turn
for the worse until the product of the Khalil Mack trade jumped
back into the water.
- Before that would happen, Chicago backed Oakland up to their
own 3 yard line. The Raiders rallied with their longest
game-winning drive in the fourth quarter in at least 20 years,
aided by Erik Harris' 3-yard run on a fake punt after Chicago
committed a running into the punter penalty on fourth-and-6.
- Josh Jacobs scored his second touchdown of the game with a leap
from the 2-yard line with 1:57 to play, capping that lengthy drive,
and propelling the Oakland Raiders to the victory.
- Oh, and the only sack Mack got was DEEZ NUTZ!
- Raiders are now sitting alone in 2nd place in the AFC West with
a 3-2 record after the Chargers fell to the Broncos earlier
You’re listening to The Pillaging Podcast!
Companion podcast to Pillaging Just For Fun!
The only Raiders fan site FOR Raiders fans BY Raiders fans!
Call in and leave us a message to be played on air at:
Follow us on Twitter: @pillagingpod
Promo Code: PILLAGING
#oaklandraiders #raiders #raidernation #justwinbaby #nfl
#commitmenttoexcellence #silverandblack #rn4l #derekcarr #jongruden
#raidersallday #oaktown #lasvegasraiders #raiderfan #raidersnation
#beastmode #raidersalldayeveryday #raiderfans #onenation
#oakland #raidersfootball #football #realmenwearblack
#raidernationbaby #trentbrown #joshjacobs #KhalilMack #CHIvsOAK
#DarrenWaller #joshjacobs #PJ4F #CNPN